Hurricane Nicholas caused us to adjust our schedules and we appreciate all the students and parents who adjusted with us so that we could continue to improve. We had back-to-back 4 hour rehearsal days and the students did a WONDERFUL job and we were able to accomplish a significant amount this week. Having time in Klein Memorial Stadium was so valuable and we were able to make many adjustments and clarifications to the show. While it wasn’t planned to be a stadium rehearsal initially, we made great use of the opportunity. We will be looking for opportunities to have stadium time like that again in the coming years.
We hope to see you at our first KCBA Meeting of the year tomorrow evening. The meeting will start at 7pm and will be held in the Choir Room If you cannot attend in person please use this Zoom Link to attend virtually.
For rehearsals that start in the evening (5:00-5:30pm) we ask that students go home and then return to campus for rehearsal. This will allow them time to eat, complete homework, and/or rest prior to the start of rehearsal. If the rehearsal starts right after school (3:15-3:30p) students can stay after school until rehearsal starts. Students who are staying after school MUST stay in the band hall. The building is closed at 2:55pm and students are not permitted to be wandering around the school.
- Monday September 20th – Full Band 5:00-8:00p
- Tuesday September 21st – Sectional Winds & Percussion 3:30-5:30p
- Tuesday September 21st – Sectional Color Guard 5:30-7:30p
- Wednesday September 22nd – Full Band 3:30-6:30p
- Thursday September 23rd – Game vs. Willis HS (Call Time 3:30; Pick Up Time 11:00p)
- Friday September 24th – No Rehearsal
Week 5 Game Info- Willis HS (Homecoming)
- Our next game of the season is against Willis HS and will be played at Klein Memorial Stadium. All students must ride the bus to and from the game. Please check the Charms Calendar for specific time details and stadium address.
- KCBA will provide a Gatorade for every student after our halftime performance. Students should bring their water jug with them for rehearsal and the game. They will have a chance to refill at the end of rehearsal before we leave KCHS. This will be the only way for them to have water to drink during the game.
- Students should bring their gold shorts, black compression shirt, black socks (crew length required), black marching shoes, black gloves, and garment bag with them on game day.
- Football tickets for the Varsity game against Willis may be purchased via eTix here https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/
3857582/klein-collins- homevswillis-hc-klein-klein- memorial-stadium-klein- collins?cobrand= KleinCollinsFootball
- KC fans can access tickets beginning at 8:00 am on Monday, September 20th. Tickets will be sold at the gates as well as during lunches this week.
- If you would like to volunteer to help at this game you can sign up here: https://www.charmsoffice.com/
- Please note that we do not have Pit Crew volunteers this week because we will not be performing the competition show due to Homecoming Activities during halftime.
- You must have an approved background check complete before you sign up to volunteer. Once you have received your email about being cleared, please forward that email to kcbavolunteers@
kleincollinsband.org so we can add you to our cleared list.
- If you have not completed your annual Klein ISD Volunteer Background Check you can do that here https://kleinisd.net/cms/One.
Feed the Band
- Participation in Feed the Band is optional and provided as a convenience to you by KCBA. The students do not eat in uniform and cannot visit the concession stand at the game. If they do not eat at 4:30pm their next opportunity to eat will not be until 11:00pm. Please plan accordingly.
- If you paid for the entire season of Feed the Band ($63) at Band Registration Day your meal will be ready for you at 4:15pm and no further action is required on your part. Please do not confuse the Game Day Meals ($63) with Contest Meals ($35).
- If you did not pre-pay for the season and would like to have a meal delivered for you, bring $7 (CASH ONLY, no checks or cards) no later than 6:00pm on TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 21ST. You will put the money in an envelope, write your name and “Feed the Band” on the outside, and place the envelope in the KCBA box on the wall outside the band office. Late orders will not be accepted.
- The vendor for this week is Chick-fil-A. Your meal will consist of a chicken sandwich, chips, cookie, and bottled water.
Schindewolf vs Strack Game
This week the Klein Collins Tiger Band will be joining students from Schindewolf and Strack Bands at their game on Tuesday September 21st. This is a great opportunity for our students to meet our future Tiger Band members and create some wonderful memories. Students may want to bring a snack to eat after our rehearsal, before the game begins. They will have about 30 minutes to eat before walking over to the Klein Collins stadium for the game. We will wear our rehearsal uniform (Gold Shirt, Navy Shorts, Hat/Visor) to the game. We will finish around 8:00pm and students can be picked up at 8:30pm. This is a required performance for all Wind and Percussion Students.
Our Spring Trip fundraiser, Trip Boomerang, will wrap up on Tuesday September 21st. We are re-opening the “money wheel” and students will earn one spin for every 4 sales (e-Codes) that are purchased between 12:00pm September 19th and 11:50pm on September 21st. Remember that every e-Code is worth $10 in trip offsets for the Spring Trip to Port Aransas.
Marching Contest Schedules
We are starting to receive our performance times for the early season marching contests. As of now the schedules for October 2nd and October 9th have been added to the Charms Calendar. It is typical for us to receive performance times 2-3 weeks prior to the contest. As we receive more info for the contests later in the season, we will continue to update the Charms Calendar.
No Pass/No Play
The end of the Progress Report 2 grading period is this week on Friday September 24th. Progress Report 2 is a very important grading period for marching band students because that grade is used to determine academic eligibility (No Pass/No Play). If a student has lower than a 70 in any on-level course -OR- lower than a 60 in an AP, Pre-AP, or Dual Credit course they will become academically ineligible for marching band. The date they lose eligibility is Friday October 1st which means that any student who is ineligible will not be allowed to participate in the following performances:
- Klein Oak Game October 1st
- US Bands Dekaney Contest October 2nd
- Tomball Game October 7th
- Lone Star Preview Contest October 9th
If a student becomes ineligible they are still required to attend all rehearsals but are not permitted to participate in football games or marching contests. If a student becomes ineligible based on the PR2 grade the next opportunity to lose or regain eligibility is on the Q1 Report Card. That grading period ends on October 7th and students can lose or regain eligibility on Thursday October 14th.
In my experience most students who are receiving grades that would make them ineligible have missing assignments. Please help your student track their work and make sure all assignments are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
If/when a student becomes ineligible I will notify them in class when possible but I will also email those students and their parents as well.
As always, if you have any questions please reach out via email so I can help.
Director of Bands, Klein Collins HS