To Our Band Families
Welcome to the Tiger Band! We are very excited to have you here and want all of the students, parents, guardians, and friends of the band to have the best experience possible. We know first hand the positive impact being a part of a program like ours can have on a young person's life. Band is so much more than a music class! Some of the life skills learned in a band program include personal responsibility, teamwork, leadership, work ethic and appreciation of all art forms. The Band Directors and all those involved in the program strive to instill characteristics that will allow all band students to become well-rounded members of society and to be successful in their future endeavors, all while having fun and building lifelong relationships.
Here we have gathered resources to help you become familiar with the policies and procedures that make the Tiger Band work. If you have a question and do not find the answer here, try browsing the Programs and Docs & Links pages, and please don't hesitate to reach out to a band director or KCBA member!
Where do I start as a new band parent?
– Charms! Ensure your contact information is up to date as this is how you will receive communications from the Band Director and from the KCBA. Click HERE for instructions.
– Become familiar with Summer Band as it will most likely be the first event your student will need to attend. Click HERE for information. Please note your child will need a current physical form on file before beginning Summer Band. Click HERE for the physical form.
– Attend Registration Day. Click HERE for information.
– Sign up for Remind notifications. Click HERE for instructions.
What are the requirements?
– Attendance is required at ALL rehearsals, performances and contests. Click HERE for the attendance policy.
– All band members are required to purchase a rehearsal uniform package in their first year, as well as shoes and possibly gloves (depending on instrument). Click HERE for instrument specific required supplies.
What is the cost?
Click HERE for the Member Financial Planning document. This document outlines the band dues for the year and other required and optional costs.
Are there volunteer requirements?
We ask that each band family complete at least one of the following volunteer events some time during the year: a holiday flag route, or working at a TCGC competition. If this requirement is met, you will receive a $100 discount on your dues (the $100 post-dated check you provided at registration will be returned to you).
Please consider volunteering regularly!! It is a great way to get to know other band parents and students, and we need you!! A program of our size cannot be run without volunteers. Click HERE to learn more about volunteering.
How do I know practice and game dates/times?
Always check the Charms calendar for scheduling details for all events. Consider syncing the Charms calendar to your phone calendar so you will have all the band schedule information handy. Click HERE for instructions.