Congratulations to our students on a fantastic performance at the Summer Showcase this past Friday evening! It was exciting to see the stands filled with parents, family, and friends there to support our Tiger Band students. We are transitioning out of Summer Band and into our normal school schedules now. We will start having games each week (remember that we perform at all home and away games) as well as after school rehearsals 2-3 days per week. Please review the details below carefully. I know there are many details listed there but they will be crucial and helpful for you as you prepare for the first game of the year. As the weeks go on this will become second nature.
All students will now wear their rehearsal uniform (navy shorts, gold shirt, and hat or visor) to all rehearsals. Additionally, for rehearsals that start in the evening (5:00-5:30pm) we ask that students go home and then return to campus for rehearsal. This will allow them time to eat, complete homework, and/or rest prior to the start of rehearsal. If the rehearsal starts right after school (3:15-3:30p) students can stay after school until rehearsal starts. Students who are staying after school MUST stay in the band hall. The building is closed at 2:55pm and students are not permitted to be wandering around the school.
If you have transportation challenges and need help with a carpool, please send a message to the section GroupMe (students should already be in a section GroupMe at this time) and someone will likely be able to help with carpooling. If, after you check with your section, you are unable to arrange any carpools please let me know and I will try to help connect you with someone from your neighborhood/subdivision.
- Monday August 23rd – Full Band 5:00-8:00p
- Tuesday August 24th – Sectional Winds & Percussion 3:30-5:30p
- Tuesday August 24th – Sectional Color Guard 5:30-7:30p
- Wednesday August 25th – Full Band 3:30-6:30p
- Thursday August 19th – Atascocita Game 3:15p Call Time, 11:30pm Pick Up Time
- Friday August 20th – No Rehearsal
Week 1 Game Info- Atascocita
- Our first game of the season is against Atascocita HS and will be played at George Turner Stadium in Humble, TX. All students must ride the bus to and from the game. Students will be selecting their buses in class this week and will ride the same bus all season. Please check the Charms Calendar for specific time details and stadium address.
- KCBA will provide a Gatorade for every student after our halftime performance. Students should bring their water jug with them for rehearsal and the game. They will have a chance to refill at the end of rehearsal before we leave KCHS. This will be the only way for them to have water to drink during the game.
- We will be wearing our new uniforms at this game. Students should bring their gold shorts, black compression shirt, black socks (crew length required), black marching shoes, and black gloves with them on game day. In addition, all students need to bring a garment bag with them. The garment bag must have the student’s name on it.
- Football tickets for the Varsity game against Atascocita this Thursday, August 26th may be purchased via GoFan.co here https://gofan.co/app/school/
- Fans are encouraged to download the GoFan App before arrival to ensure an efficient process at the gate. KC fans can access tickets beginning at 8:00 am on Monday, August 23rd for the game. Tickets will be sold at the gates as well. Payments can be made with either cash or credit card. Tickets will also be sold at school the day before the game and on game day until the end of “C”lunch. GoFan.co is only for the Atascocita game. Klein ISD will still use Etix for all games played at Klein Memorial.
- If you would like to volunteer with the Pit Crew (loading, unloading, and moving equipment) we have about 5 spots left that we need to fill. You can sign up here: https://www.charmsoffice.com/
Feed the Band
- Participation in Feed the Band is optional and provided as a convenience to you by KCBA. Please keep in mind that the only opportunity for students to eat will be at 4:15pm. The students do not eat in uniform and cannot visit the concession stand at the game. If they do not eat at 4:15pm their next opportunity to eat will not be until 11:30pm. Please plan accordingly.
- If you paid for the entire season of Feed the Band ($63) at Band Registration Day your meal will be ready for you at 4:15pm and no further action is required on your part.
- If you did not pre-pay for the season and would like to have a meal delivered for you, bring $7 (CASH ONLY, no checks or cards) no later than 5:30pm on TUESDAY AUGUST 24TH. You will put the money in an envelope, write your name and “Feed the Band” on the outside, and place the envelope in the KCBA box on the wall outside the band office. Late orders will not be accepted.
- The vendor for this week is Chick-fil-A. Your meal will consist of a chicken sandwich, chips, cookie, and bottled water.
Our Fundraise Genius campaign is off to an amazing start. As of the time this is being sent we have received over $17,000 in donations! Please continue to share the link with your friends, family, and other potential supporters. You can also share on social media. We appreciate your help in getting us to our goal of raising at least $25,000. Remember that there are prizes for the top 3 students with the most donations made in support of them.
Instrument Required Supplies
Please be sure you have a flip folder with at least 10 pages and a lyre for your instrument. This must be acquired before the game this week. We have partnered with Music & Arts to make it more convenient for you. Many of you had trouble with the links provided and I think we have corrected those issues now. See below for links to each instrument. Please check shipping times carefully if you are ordering online so you can ensure your items arrive in time for the game this week, if needed.
As always, if you have any questions please reach out via email so I can help.
Director of Bands, Klein Collins HS