As we approach the final days of Summer Band and the First Day of School the band staff would like to express our sincere gratitude to you for your work over the last 3 weeks. We know that you are making personal sacrifices in your family to make sure students are at rehearsal and ready to learn. This year we have accomplished more than we have in the past 5 years in terms of the amount of material that we have been able to learn. That is a testament to the hard work of our Tiger Band members and a harbinger of great things to come this season.
For our Week 4 of Summer Band, our final week, we will continue to utilize evening only rehearsals. Nutrition and hydration will still be important so that students are able to fully participate in rehearsals. We will continue to be outside for all rehearsals from this point forward. All returning members need to wear their rehearsal uniforms this week, starting with rehearsal on Monday August 16th. New members will be receiving their items this week and will start wearing their rehearsal uniform the week of August 23rd.
- Monday August 16th – Full Band 4:30-8:30p
- Tuesday August 17th – Full Band 4:30-8:30p
- Wednesday August 18th – First Day of School- No Rehearsal
- Thursday August 19th – No Rehearsal
- Friday August 20th – Summer Showcase 8pm (6:00pm Call Time)
Our annual Summer Showcase is happening this week. This is our first official public performance opportunity for the season. We invite all of our Tiger Band families and friends to come and see what we have been working on during Summer Band. The Summer Showcase starts at 8pm in the Klein Collins Stadium (not Klein Memorial Stadium). The call time for students is 6pm. Please be sure your student is on campus and ready to start rehearsal at 6pm that evening.
Congratulations to our 3 winners of the first portion of our Fundraise Genius contest!
- 1st Place ($50 Gift Card) – Sammi Zinck
- 2nd Place ($30 Gift Card) – Allison Brady
- 3rd Place ($20 Gift Card) – Luis Mondragon
You may have noticed that donors have not received their initial message yet. That will happen tomorrow and donations will be open for the following 7 days. You can still add donors to your online portal but please do so today so they will be included in the initial communication roll out. Remember that there will be prizes for the top 3 students who have the most donations credited to them.
Rehearsal Uniforms, Band Items, and Spirit Wear Delivery Dates
- Duffel Bags, Garment Bags, and Shoes should have been picked up this past week. If you haven’t picked them up yet please plan to do so after rehearsal on Monday.
- Brass will receive their first pair of gloves to be used during rehearsals on Monday. All wind players will receive their gloves for performances the day before our first game.
- Rehearsal uniforms (Gold Shirt, Navy Shorts, Hat/Visor), polos, and show shirts will be delivered this week.
- Yard Signs and/or Decals will be available for pickup this week.
- Last week my email indicated that Spirit Wear that was ordered online would be available at the Summer Showcase but I was incorrect. Please accept my apologies for any confusion that may have been created. Mrs. Rios will be sharing more details about Spirit Wear pickup dates soon.
Instrument Required Supplies
Wind and Percussion students have Required Supplies that must be maintained each year. At Registration Day we had QR codes for Music & Arts where students can order their supplies online. Please keep in mind that this link will take you to a cart that has all required supplies in it. You may not need all items in the cart because some are already owned. Anything you already own can be removed from the cart before you checkout. Please be sure you have a flip folder with at least 10 pages and a lyre for your instrument. The attached document has links to supplies for each instrument. If you are unsure about specific items you can contact me or your section leader for assistance. You can get these items from any music store. We have partnered with Music & Arts to make it more convenient for you.