In observance of the holiday break this will be the only update sent until after we return to school. I will have limited access to email over the break and will do my best to respond when I can but it may not be until we return on November 29th. We want to wish you all a restful and well-deserved break.
Rehearsal & Event Schedules
- Monday November 29th – Winter Guard Rehearsal 3:00-5:00
- Monday November 29th – Full Orchestra 3:30-5:00
- Monday November 29th – Indoor Drumline 4:00-7:00
- Tuesday November 30th – Indoor Drumline 4:00-7:00
- Tuesday November 30th – Winter Guard Rehearsal 5:00-8:00
- Wednesday December 1st – Full Orchestra 3:30-5:00
- Thursday December 2nd – Winter Guard 5:00-8:00
- Friday December 3rd – Region Band Phase 1 5:00pm Check In @ Oak Ridge HS
- Piccolo, Oboe, Bass Clarinet, Alto/Tenor/Bari Sax, Bassoon, Tenor/Bass Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba
- Saturday December 4th – Region Band Phase 1 2:00pm Check In @ Oak Ridge HS
- Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, Horn, Percussion
Klein ISD Solo & Ensemble Contest
Hopefully by now your solo has been selected, ordered, and turned in to the directors. I know there are some students who had shipping delays and didn’t receive their music before November 19th. Please bring your original copies to class on Monday so we can finalize our list.
Our annual Winter Concert is just around the corner on Thursday December 9th at 7pm in the Klein Collins Auditorium. The concert will feature performances by our instrument “choirs” instead of traditional concert band ensembles. It’s a fun format and allows our students to get experience on some of the extended members of their instrument family.
The attire for the concert is “Sunday Best”. Please make sure all attire choices are compliant with the Klein ISD Dress Code. If you are unsure if your outfit will meet those requirements, please check with a director BEFORE the night of the concert. All students are required to attend and perform. There are no eligibility requirements for this performance so we expect to have every student with us. Please plan accordingly.
KCBA Board Position Vacancies
At our Winter Concert we will also be electing the new members of our KCBA Board. These positions are very important to allow our booster club to function. Our booster club supports many of the band program functions and is crucial to our success. We currently have openings for the following positions. If you would like to know more about what each role entails reach out and I can provide that information for you.
- Budget Officer
I really need some parents to serve in these roles and time is running out to get the positions filled. Please consider if you can serve in one of those roles and if you are able to serve, contact me directly via email so we can get your name on the slate of nominations. None of the jobs are particularly time or labor intensive, especially in the spring semester. And you will have support from the outgoing officers until the end of the school year as well.
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out via email so I can help.
Director of Bands, Klein Collins HS
PreviousKC Band Update 11.15.21